Thank you for your interest in joining VFW Post 1089!
We are excited to be able to provide a supportive environment for all members in hopes to continue our mission to serve our veterans, the military, and our community. For a complete list of national VFW member benefits, click here.
- Regular VFW Membership is reserved for those members of the United States Military who have honorably served in a war zone theater or who served in area of imminent danger and hostile fire. See attached VFW By-Laws and VFW Regular Member Detailed Eligibility for more information.
- Applications for Regular VFW Membership may be submitted by completing the printable form and a copy of your DD214 or similar document confirming your service in a theater of war or area of imminent danger.
- VFW Regular Membership Fee is $35.00 per year. Note $27.50 goes to the National VFW. Checks can be made payable to VFW Post 1089. Life Memberships are also available through a one-time payment or installment plan – see application for details.
- Applications may be tendered to a VFW Post Officer or left with canteen personnel.
- You can also make application by going to www.VFW.org/join.
- Auxiliary Membership is reserved for family members whom by birth or marriage are related to an eligible VFW veteran. Your related veteran does not necessarily need to belong to any VFW Post.
- The VFW Auxiliary at Post 1089 is a separately chartered entity who has their own leadership and application/review process. However, we closely share a common mission and vision to honor and serve veterans. And we share all club resources.
- Applications for VFW Auxiliary Membership may be submitted on the printable form. A copy of your related veteran’s DD214 should accompany the application.
- Auxiliary VFW Post 1089 fee is currently $30.00 per year. They also offer Life Memberships. More can be seen in the AUXILIARY section of this website.
- Social Memberships are available on a limited basis for those dedicated to the values enumerated earlier. Our Social Members often have a family connection to a military veteran but whom lack certain eligibility criteria to qualify as a Regular or Auxiliary member. Social Membership is entirely at the discretion of VFW Regular members who will attest to the applicants worthiness.
- Applications for VFW Post 1089 Social Membership may be submitted by completing the printable Social Membership application.
- The Social Membership Fee is $30.00 per year. Checks can be made payable to VFW Post 1089.
- Applications may be tendered to a VFW Post Officer or left with canteen personnel. After review at the next VFW Post Regular member meeting, you will be notified of acceptance or rejection.